Thursday, November 13, 2008

obviously...

I need to stop taking anonymous comments. I am about to get fired up about something real fast. I don't care if you express your opinion but be adult enough to at least leave your name. If you are not adult enough to stand up and say yes I said that, then why am I teaching? I teach my students every day to take responsibility for their actions and their mouths. If you are wondering what I am talking about...look two posts down at my comments. Someone decided to leave a not so nice comment about something I wrote.

Let me start off by saying that I lead a normally drama free life. I hate drama and petty sh** like this is stupid. But I feel the need to rant for a minute.

This is for whoever left that stupid comment. Remember I said the comment is stupid not the person because I would never say a person is stupid. Those who know me are laughing their a$$es off right now!! Now, back to business...Yes I have been to a Warren football game. Hello, I am from Monticello!!! Just in case you didn't know. As for games in Fayetteville or wherever else...the "football climate" is totally different. Evidently you have never been to a football game anywhere in Louisiana. There is a reason why 3 different Louisiana teams are on the top 100 football teams in the USA. My husbands football team would walk all over Warren's football team. That is not an opinion, it is a fact. Sports in general are different in Louisiana. I didn't believe my husband when he told me this, but after being here a year I do now. Anthony has always told me that athletes are different in Louisiana, especially at private schools. The athletes WANT to play, not HAVE to play. This makes a big difference in the teams.

Anyways, that is my rant for the night. I might add more later. I am not going to stop allowing anonymous comments as long as you put your names at the bottom. I don't mind answering questions either, but stupid comments are not going to be tolerated here.

I almost forgot...about having teacher's pet...sometimes you do and you don't realize it. As a teacher, you have those students who you know you can depend on. You tend to ask these students to do alot for you. That in turn gets the label teacher's pet.

7 comments:

bowling1 said...

Okay....I didn't fully read your blog and I sure as heck didn't see that response before now.

I acted like the child and I apologize. Just being an aunt =]

Rosjuane said...

Okay so being from Warren and then moving to a new town. I will say that Warren has more school spirit than where I live now. But as far as LA goes I can't say. But I will say that Warren's school spirit is always there, but has tripled since they started winning championships. The anynomous person didn't take it in to count that it's only true in the case of them winning. Spirit in Warren is there, but pride is something they lacked for a long time. I know first hand b/c when I was in school it wasn't nearly as big. Don't get me wrong the town has always supported it's team, but not to the extent that they do now. JMO. Hope it doesn't stir more drama.

ash said...

I have witnessed a lot of AR high school teams that have some very faithful fans...their idea is a lil tailgatin and then the game!! I was in complete shock...i went to a high school game in South LA ...i dont rememeber the team...but i felt like i was at a college tailgate party and game!!! i have been to tailgating in LR for the LSU and Hogs game and its an awesome experiance....welll most LA high school teams have this too!!!

Kelly congrats to your husbans team!!! i know your excited about your trip home for thanksgiving!!

Shelley said...

that's why I block anonymous comments. I don't think I will ever allow them on my page again. You just think you are mad over a football comment, you should see how it feels to have your church and beliefs ridiculed by someone who won't leave a name. It makes me furious.

Laken said...

I can only defend my hometown on this one. Warren most definitely has the most school spirit in the Southeast AR area. As for LA, I'm not sure bc I have never been to a high school football game there. Sounds like they have a good time, but it's hard to compare the two because it seems like their school spirit is on two different levels!

Your definition of a teacher's pet sounds pretty accurate. They are the ones that the teacher can depend on.

I'm ready to see more pics of Nora Claire!! I bet she has gotten so big!

Anonymous said...

if you didn't say it that way, people wouldn't be rude back. You SHOULD have said that YOU have never seen anything like it in AR, not that it didn't exist.

Ked said...

It amazes me how ignorant some (anonymous) people can be.

Why I'm Here

My husband and I live several hours from my family. I started my blog so that my crew in Arkansas can keep up with my family, which recently went from a 2 member household to 3. I teach, and my husband coaches..... so I often have a lot to VENT as well!

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP