Monday, June 23, 2008

It's HOT!!

So, there is not much going on around here. Anthony and I are both off for the summer, for the most part. He has to go to workouts on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. He also has class in Lake Charles on Mondays and Wednesdays. Other than that he can be found on the golf course. I recently discovered the swimming pool at the country club where Anthony plays. I went for the first time on Sunday. I felt like a beached whale, but who cares. I did keep my shirt on and didn't blind anyone with the belly, maybe the legs but not the belly.

We completely finished the Nursery on Sunday. I am going to put up pics as soon as I take some. We got sheets, comforter, and curtains all from Wal-Mart. Our Wal-Mart is almost a Super Target now. They offer some of the very same things, just at a better price. I'm not ashamed to say we got a comforter for $18 and sheets for $5. Now they are 250 thread count, but what can you ask for for about $20. No one really sleeps in the day bed anyways. I am really excited about the curtains. They are really panels. We have panels in our living room and love them. We looked at Lowe's for some, but they didn't have any selection.

It is pretty sad that that has been the highlight of my week so far. We are going to Lafayette tomorrow for Anthony to get some contacts and eat at Pete's. If you haven't heard about Pete's ask me!! It is one of the best places to eat in Laf. I never know what to get-fried pickles, homemade chips, fried mushrooms or the burger with a fried egg on top. They are all good!!! Not the healthiest food you can eat, but who cares!

3 comments:

Blake said...

Sounds like a good week to me! I know you're glad to have the nursery done and I hope you eat something good for me at Pete's! Is that the place you were telling me about?

Rosjuane said...

I can't wait to see the nursery. I love the pic of the walls. That is too fun.

Laken said...

I absolutely cannot wait to see the pics of the nursery! Or the travel system! When we were in the market for one last year, there was no selection whatsoever and now I see all kind of cute patterns!

Why I'm Here

My husband and I live several hours from my family. I started my blog so that my crew in Arkansas can keep up with my family, which recently went from a 2 member household to 3. I teach, and my husband coaches..... so I often have a lot to VENT as well!

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP