Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I hate bugs!!!

Well, not ALL bugs, just spiders and cock roaches to be exact. For some reason we can not TOTALLY get rid either of them. Remember we are in South LA and the moisture here is ridiculous. And we have ALOT of trees in our yard that the spiders seems to like. Our house is on pillars-like most houses around here because of flooding-and rain water runs off under our house. This is the main reason why we can't get rid of the cock roaches. Evidently they like decomposing leaves and water. We have significantly reduced the number of them that we see, but I can't get totally rid of them. We have consulted a pest guy, but it depends on what kind of roach they are. Apparently there is a really bad a$$ one called a German Cock Roach. We have to catch one, bag it, and show it to the guy. If it is bad one it will be $250 up front!!! So the great debate begins. I see maybe 1 every 2-3 weeks now, versus 1 every other day when we first moved in. So, is it really worth the money? Anthony bought some stuff from Lowes that is safe to use indoors, but the dogs have to be outside before he can spray it. But it started to rain today and is suppose to rain for a couple of days so... I don't really know what else to do.

Thank God I have Nemo. I saw one crawling on the wall. So, I yelled at Anthony, "bug on the wall, bug on the wall, bug on the wall!!!!!" Nemo comes running instead of Anthony looking on the wall for the bug. I knock it down for her and she begins to step on it for me. I had to tell her a couple of times that it wasn't dead and she proceeded to stomp it a couple more times for me. June helped a little bit, but Nemo did most of the dirty work. This is how I kill most bugs in the house. Nemo is really good at it and I don't like that crunch when you kill one.

Oh, and we go to the dr. today at 1:30!!! At the latest, 8 more days!!!

3 comments:

HALEY said...

Nemo reminds me of Gretchen, but she would roll around on the bugs.

Hopefully you will have good news to report after this afternoon, maybe atleast some kind of change

Blake said...

Hope you get some good news this afternoon...let me know.

I had a dream last night that you had Nora yesterday and that she had red hair and freckles...lol

bowling1 said...

Red hair, freckles and comes with a brother!

Why I'm Here

My husband and I live several hours from my family. I started my blog so that my crew in Arkansas can keep up with my family, which recently went from a 2 member household to 3. I teach, and my husband coaches..... so I often have a lot to VENT as well!

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP