Sunday, August 17, 2008

SO...

No change. I guess we are just going to have to wait until Wednesday. We go to the doctor on Tuesday for a checkup and to get our time for Wednesday. Oh well.

What do you do with a dog that can jump a 6ft. privacy fence? We know that Nemo can not get under the fence, so she has to be going over the fence, right? Anthony has witnessed her hanging from the fence by her front legs. She doesn't run off. Earlier she was actually whining for me to let her back into the back yard so she can play with June. I really don't understand that dog. Is it worth getting an electric fence to put around the top? I have no experience with those. Does anyone have any suggestions? I really want Nemo to be able to go outside and stay there most of the day. She really likes being outside, but if she keeps getting out I can't do that.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Our Rottweiler(Lady) did that too, except she climbed the fence. She was an escape artist.

You can put a single wire (electric) up around the top, or they even make small rebar posts for the bottom. (we have those now around our house) Usually it takes once or twice and they leave it alone after knowing it's there. They can be turned off afterwards. The yellow connectors are then, more often than not, enough to keep them away.

Good luck, we have had experience with a few escape artists, I think we have our fence built well enough to avoid those before they happen.

Hope all moves along quickly with the delivery. I know you are ready!

bowling1 said...

You should try to figure out something that will work but not be that expensive. Maybe some type of electric wire like Michael suggested. We definately do not want the dog to have to stay inside all the time with Nora Claire. I know she means well but I am afraid she may accidentally hurt Nora Claire.

Since Uncle Jason and I won't be in state next weekend I guess I will look to come down the morning of August 30th. I don't know who might come but I know I will. I hate that I am going to miss seeing Nora Claire.....darn Uncle Jason's birthday present!

Why I'm Here

My husband and I live several hours from my family. I started my blog so that my crew in Arkansas can keep up with my family, which recently went from a 2 member household to 3. I teach, and my husband coaches..... so I often have a lot to VENT as well!

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP