Wednesday, September 10, 2008

cont. from the post earlier...

Let me elaborate a little bit on my post earlier. I greatly appreciate some advice...when asked. Feel free to give all the advice that you want. I might take it with a grain of salt or put it to use. It just depends.

Let me explain why I am letting it bother me. Someone told me to prop my daughter up while she sleeps on 2 or 3 pillows. This is alright if I am sleeping with her, but definitely not if I have her napping. Okay, maybe not even if I am sleeping with her. Too many things can happen. She has figured out how to scoot down while she sleeps also. No Haley I am not talking about you.

Then the same person told me not keep her wrapped in a blanket so much. She gets sicker going from hot to cold. Well, if you would keep her wrapped up then she wouldn't be going from hot to cold now would she. The way I look at is this...yes, it is hot OUTSIDE. But what do people turn on INSIDE to make it cooler...the air conditioner. So, it become COLD INSIDE right?!? I have a problem with feeling my daughter's arm and it is cool. I am sorry, I'm weird.

Then, someone proceeds to tell me that I need to try to get into a daycare because you can't depend on a babysitter. I'm sorry, I am not putting my 6 week old in a daycare (that is when I plan to go back to work). This person said to go ahead and let her build up her immunities, yeah she will be sick at first but then she'll be fine. First off, she won't have any shots at 6 weeks. So if she catches something, it could be really really bad. I don't want my child to be one of 20 kids that 3 people have to watch. If she can get one-on-one attention, then she is going to get it.

This is just a little bit of everything. But I am not letting it bother me. I am going to enjoy every minute I can of holding her and letting her sleep on my chest or in my arms. They are only small once and I am going to enjoy every last minute of it. Thanks Rosjuane!

5 comments:

Rosjuane said...

LOL!! I don't do daycare either. I did with Ashlyn and she stayed sick. Proping her up on pillows?? I've never heard of such. Is this all the same person or diffrent?

Blake said...

Just keep doing what you're doing because you and Anthony are both doing a great job with her.

People are always going to give their two cents on whatever you do, just try not to let it bother you.

Abri and Nora Claire's Mimi said...

Baby, you already know how i feel. i think you are doing a great job. and whose bed was it that she slept in first? oh that would be with me!!! so as far as i am concerned every one else can just bite me. like i said last night, they are only this age for a moment, love every second of it!!

ash said...

kelly go ahead and spoil her rotten....i do not know anything about being a parent but i have seen how others love to tell people what to do and how to raise a child...good luck with it all...she is precious and im sure you and anthony are goin above and beyond as parents!!!

daycare....i have worked in 3 over the past ten years and my kids if i can help it will not attend till they are old enough to tell me everything i need to know!!!

Fairy Ellis said...

Kelly ... I'm Blair's mom, I found your blog by way of another and check in ever so often to check baby progress. I don't know if you know that Blair became a mom about 1 month before you did. Jace Wyatt was born July 12 and weighed 8 lbs. 3 oz - 23 inches long. I think he already weighs 14 pounds!

He has slept in the bed with both of us, and when he isn't in our bed, he's on our chest. He also had a stuffy nose a couple of weeks ago, and yes, we took him to the dr. Nothing he could do, but it eased our minds a lot.

I'm sure you are a terrific mom - no one else can tell you how to raise your baby.

Check out www.fairysplace.blogspot.com for pics of our little guy.

Why I'm Here

My husband and I live several hours from my family. I started my blog so that my crew in Arkansas can keep up with my family, which recently went from a 2 member household to 3. I teach, and my husband coaches..... so I often have a lot to VENT as well!

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP